Get Up! Get Out! And Get Going!
2013 UT System Physical Activity Challenge: Final Results
Thank you for your participation in our 2013 UT System Physical Activity Challenge. Congratulation if you completed the challenge! Share Your Wellness Success Story. We invite you to share your wellness success story. By doing so, we are able to educate our members of the importance of making healthy changes for life. Stories will be posted on the Newsletter. There they will be a resource and inspiration to help others improve their health. Click here to complete your wellness success story electronic form.
As for the challenge results, every institution was a winner. I have included a few high level outcomes from our 2013 Challenge below:
- We had a 32.8% completion rate; members who logged 150+ minutes per week for all six weeks.
- 56% of our institutions qualified to compete for the “UT System Physical Activity Challenge Traveling Trophy”. Institutions must have greater than 1.5% headcount registered in order to be included in the Traveling Trophy competition.
- 1,522 UT SELECT members participated in our 2013 Physical Activity Challenge and logged 4,169,114 minutes of activity. That equals approximately 23,138,582 calories burned by our members!
We were able to get non-active employees to become active and also, create awareness of resources and programs available to our members (employees, retirees and dependents). So thank you all again, without your support this would have not happened. Now we do have to crown our 2013 awards:
- Our 2013 UT System Physical Activity Challenge Traveling Trophy winner: UT Pan American
- Our 2013 UT System Physical Activity Challenge Institutions w/ Less than 999 Members Winner: UT System Administration
- Our 2013 UT System Physical Activity Challenge Institutions w/ 1,000 to 2,499 Members Winner: UT Pan American
- Our 2013 UT System Physical Activity Challenge Institutions w/ 2,500 to 4,999 Members Winner: UT El Paso
- Our 2013 UT System Physical Activity Challenge Institutions w/ 5,000+ Members Winner: UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
All individual recognitions will be sent directly to each participant. Final results by institutions as of June 12, 2013, see how your institution did during the 2013 Challenge. Again, we thank you all for supporting this initiative.
Questions or Comments? Email: LivingWell@UTSystem.edu
*The Living Well Health Platform is available to UT SELECT Medical Plan members aged 18 and over - including Employees, Retirees, Dependents, Surviving Spouses and COBRA participants.