2014 UT System Physical Activity Challenge:
Living Well, Moving Well
Congratulations, you have completed the 6 week for the 2014 UT System Physical Activity Challenge Program. Thank you for your participation. Below you’ll find a few important announcements.
Overall results: As for the challenge, every institution was a winner. We were able to get non-active employees to become active, create awareness of resources and programs available to our members (employees, retirees and dependents) and support the fantastic work your institutions health and wellness program is doing to build a culture of health. Also, 74% of all registered members completed their Living Well Health Assessment!
So thank you all again, as without your support this would have not happened. Now we do have to crown a winner for our 2014 institution challenge. This institution did an excellent job promoting the program with the involvement of their Wellness Champions/Ambassadors, HR/Benefits Representatives and Senior Leadership. Our 2014 Annual UT System Physical Activity Challenge is UT Pan American (2nd year in a row). Congratulations!
We will be working with UT Pan American to schedule a date to make the official presentation of the 2014 Annual UT System Physical Activity Challenge Traveling Trophy. All other recognitions will be sent directly to each participant!
See how your institution did during the 2014 UT System Physical Activity Challenge, view all final results. Again, we thank you all for supporting this initiative.
Feedback or Comments? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your UT System Physical Activity Challenge Team
Team up with your institution for the Living Well, Moving Well walking/physical activity challenge on the Living Well Health Platform.*
Registration opens on Tuesday, April 1 and closes Wednesday, May 7. You have a whole month for registration…BUT register early and you’ll receive a free pedometer. Quantities are limited, so get yours as soon as possible! Find out how to receive your pedometer below.
How to Participate:
- Log in or click “Register New Account” at the Living Well Platform, powered by Provant.
- Click on "Sign Up Now" on the Living Well health Platform Home Screen.
- Take the health assessment if you haven’t already.
- From May 1 to June 12, log at least 10,000 steps per day, 5 days per week (50,000 per week) or equivalent physical activity in the Pedometer or Cardio logs on the platform.**
- Watch this short promo video to learn how to log your activity and get more details about the challenge!
Here are the key details:
MAY 1 TO JUNE 12
The Challenge begins Thursday, May 1 and ends Thursday, June 12.
Registration opens on Tuesday, April 1st and closes Wednesday, May 7th. Don't miss out!
Your goal is to complete at least 10,000 steps per day (or the equivalent in other physical activity), 5 days per week for six weeks (50,000 steps each week). Getting 10,000 steps is not as hard as you think! All kinds of activities can be logged, from time at the gym to chores around the house - and don't worry, the platform will automatically convert whatever type of exercise you log to the corresponding number of steps.
LOG YOUR ACTIVITY
Visit the Living Well Health Platform's Pedometer Log or Cardio Log (both found under the "Exercise" heading), where you can log your activity starting on May 1. Watch this short video to learn how.
You must complete the Health Assessment (under the "Health" heading on the Living Well Health Platform) to have your steps count for your institution. So if you haven't taken the Health Assessment this plan year, be sure to take the Health Assessment before the challenge ends on June 12th.
The winning institution will be the one with the greatest rate of registration and completion and will have the honor of hosting the Physical Activity Challenge "Traveling Trophy" for the year.
Members with the most activity logged will receive individual recognition and personal success stories will be highlighted.
Your institution is your team, so get together with your coworkers and find ways to fit physical activity into your day. Take a walk at lunch, meet up at the gym, encourage each other to get moving – and keep track of what you do! Remember, the institution with the highest percentage for both registration and completion of the challenge will be awarded the coveted "Traveling Trophy!"
Questions or Comments? Email: LivingWell@UTSystem.edu
* The Living Well Health Platform is available to UT SELECT Medical Plan members aged 18 and over - including Employees, Retirees, Dependents, Surviving Spouses and COBRA participants.
** UT System's "Living Well: Make it a Priority" Worksite Health & Wellness program is committed to helping you achieve your best health. Rewards for participating in a wellness activity are available to all employees. If for health reasons you believe you might be unable to meet the established requirements to earn a reward under a Living Well program, you may qualify for an opportunity to earn the same reward by different means. Please contact us at LivingWell@utsystem.edu and we will work with you (and if you wish, with your doctor) to develop a wellness program that is right for you in light of your health status and provides you with an opportunity to earn the same reward.
- UT Arlington - Contact Eunice Currie, at email@example.com to receive your pedometer.
- UT Austin - To learn how to receive your pedometer visit the following website http://www.utexas.edu/hr/current/wellness/physical_activity_challenge.html
- UT Brownsville –Contact Liza Benson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 956-882-7172 to receive your pedometer.
- UT Dallas - To learn how to receive your pedometer visit the following website http://www.utdallas.edu/wellness/
- UT El Paso - Pedometers will be available for pick up at the UTEP Wellness Office located in the College of Health Sciences/School of Nursing Building room 400 every Monday beginning April 7-May 5 between 9am-5pm. For more information, please contact Eileen Aguilar, University Wellness Manager at email@example.com or call 915-747-6738.
- UT Permian Basin - Contact Margaret Boyd, at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your pedometer. Also, learn more about the UTPB Wellness at https://www.facebook.com/UTPBWellness
- UT Tyler - Contact Taylor Alvarez, at email@example.com to receive your pedometer.
- UT Pan American – To learn how to receive your pedometer visit the following website http://portal.utpa.edu/utpa_main/dba_home/hr_home/hr_employee_programs/Living_Well.
- UT San Antonio - To learn how to receive your pedometer visit the following website http://wellness.utsa.edu/
- UT System Administration - To learn how to receive your pedometer visit the following website https://department.utsystem.edu/sites/oes/Pages/Wellness-Program.aspx
- UTHSC Houston - To learn how to receive your pedometer visit the following website https://inside.uthouston.edu/ut-counseling/getuthealthy/physical-activity-challenge.htm
- UTHSC Tyler - Contact Barbara Caskey, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 903-877-7705 to receive your pedometer.
- UTMB Galveston - To learn how to receive your pedometer visit the following website http://www.hr.utmb.edu/hpw/ or call 409-772-3689.
- UT MDA Cancer Center - 2014 UT Physical Challenge “Living Well, Moving Well pedometer will be distributed as of April 14th at the Pickens Tower Fitness Center, floor 2 at the following business hours times: Monday-Thursday, 5 a.m. - 8:30 p.m., Friday, 5 a.m. - 7:30 p.m., and Saturday, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- UTHSC San Antonio - To learn how to receive your pedometer visit the following website http://uthscsa.edu/myhealthandwellness/
- UTSWMC Dallas - To learn how to receive your pedometer, review the following document (PDF).