UT System Physical Activity Challenge
Join us in the NEW UT System Physical Activity Challenge — Walktober!
Work together with your colleagues to win the coveted Traveling Trophy for your institution and earn two great individual rewards for completing the challenge: A Walktober drawstring backpack and a UT System Holiday Cookbook.
What is Walktober? The cooler temperatures make October ideal for walking. Walktober is a 31-day walking challenge designed to inspire everyone to make walking a priority—in October and beyond.
Do I have to pay anything to join? No, there is no cost to UT SELECT Medical plan members to participate in the challenge.
Who is eligible to participate? All UT System employees, retirees, spouses, and dependents age 18 and above who are covered by the UT SELECT Medical Plan.
How does it work? Participants will be able to track their steps or minutes, aiming for 6,000-10,000 steps or 30-60 minutes a day.* Activity can be tracked via the challenge platform, Walktober mobile app, or using a fitness tracker or wearable (Fitbit or Jawbone).
When can I register? Walktober registration is opened today, September 19th. Register today at www.utlivingwell.com.
Questions or Comments: If you have any questions or comments please contact the Walktober Challenge Customer Service Team at www.utlivingwell.com/#/contact.
- Interactive trail with vivid images of amazing autumn hot spots around the world.
- Daily tips! Practical health info and interesting articles. Earn colored leaves as you track activity.
- Your team will be your UT institution and you will be able to create internal organizational/departmental sub-teams to create a friendly competition with your colleagues!
- Walking Wall message board connects you with other participants.
- Tracking devices and mobile app compatibility make logging easy and convenient.
- Work together with your colleagues to win the coveted Traveling Trophy for your institution and earn two great individual rewards for completing the challenge: A Walktober drawstring backpack and a UT System Holiday Cookbook.
- The 31-day challenge begins on Monday, October 3, 2016. Start logging your activity on day 1.
- The Last day to register and join the challenge will be Monday, October 10, 2016 if you haven’t already.
- The 31 Day Challenge ends on Wednesday, November 2, 2016. Institutions Traveling Trophy and Reward winners will be announced by the end of the week!